Thursday, February 10, 2011

18 Month Check Up

Ashley had her 18 month check up today and got a clean bill of health.  She weighed roughly 23 pounds (however, her diaper was on and very wet as well as all her clothes and shoes), 31.5 inches, and her head is 19 inches.  I'll probably weigh her later to see how much she really weighs.

Dr. Kalenowski said that she had a big jump in height and weight which I've realized that she recently outgrew most of her pants since she's getting so tall and she does seem much heavier or maybe it's just because I'm holding her for long periods to get her to sleep these days.

Ashley has been fighting sleep since Jan 15th (yes, I know the exact date).  I've talked to a lot of people that say this is very common at this age since they are processing so much that it's hard to "shut down" and go to sleep.  Most of the time it's just been a longer bedtime process (rocking to sleep since the crying out process leads to vomiting) but some nights she's been up several times during the night and a couple unfortunate nights where she's been up from midnight-5/6am.  This phase makes me very happy that I don't work!  Dr. Kalenowski said it's common and two of his three kids went through it and then suddenly they just start sleeping again.  I hope it's sooner than later that she kicks this bad habit!

Next week we will be taking our first flight with Ashley.  I have a lot of new toys to keep her occupied on the plane.  At least it's a short flight to Maryland!

No comments:

Post a Comment