I wasn't feeling well myself, so I took some Nyquil and headed to bed and told Pete he was on Ashley duty since I would be out of it. I thought it would only be waking up from moving around and being in a new place, but poor Ashley woke up with a fever! Pete tried to wake me, but I was so out of it from the Nyquil, he got his mom to help. Ashley's temp was 102.8 under the arm, which means you add a degree, so it was 103.8! You could feel the heat radiating off her body just being close to her!
After a dose of tylenol she slept a little and woke up crying around 3:30am. This time she woke me. I couldn't believe how hot she was. After throwing up on Grammy from crying so much, she seemed to calm down. We gave her a dose of Ibuprofen and everyone went to bed while I tried to get her to sleep. She slept another hour from 4:30-5:30 and then she was inconsolable, but fortunately her fever seems to drastically drop. I took her down to watch TV. Luckily, Sesame Street was on some sort of morning marathon. She finally fell asleep in my arms around 7:30am.
She slept for a few hours and then woke up and watch TV with poppy and barely moved a muscle. She spent most of Saturday sleeping and relaxing and even had a burst of energy and was playing in the afternoon.
Unfortunately, Saturday night she was starting to show signs of dehydration (not wetting diapers, not crying tears). I said if it didn't change quickly, we would have to take her to the ER. We decided to inject pedialyte in her mouth since she refused all fluids. She was mad, but after 5-6 syringesful, she seemed to be acting better - she cried a tear and even grabbed for her sippy cup.
After eating some apples, mac and cheese puffs (her favorite) and drinking from random cups (I had a buffet of cups and snacks for her on the counter) she seemed much better. She went to bed and had a good night's sleep.
She woke up Sunday acting like herself. She still appeared to have a low-grade temperature, but that could have been due to teething as her molars are coming in.
It wasn't fun to have Ashley get sick on the trip, but it was definitely nice to have extra helping hands!
No comments:
Post a Comment