Ashley started dance class today! It's minutes away from us in the strip mall, just east of our neighborhood. She has class once a week on Tuesdays from 11-11:30. My parent's neighbors own the dance studio and Miss Jenny assists Miss Brittany in the class (I babysat Jenny and her younger siblings back in the day).
She didn't cry - until the end! I had to carry her out of the dance room kicking and yelling!!
I tried to leave the room, but after a minute or two, she ran out looking for me. There were several other mothers in the back of the room, so I just stuck around for most of the class. The instructors said by the 3rd or 4th class they are typically comfortable so the moms do not need to be in the room.
From the other moms I spoke to, Ashley appears to be the youngest in the class, which explained why she wasn't participating as well as the others. There was one girl that sat and barely moved for the entire class and one that cried for the first 10 minutes, so the fact that Ashley just observed, ran around and checked herself out in the mirror was better than I expected! Of course, once we left she was talking about the wiggles song they played (she knew the dance, but didn't do it)
All-in-all, it was a good class! I'm very happy it's 12 weeks since it'll be great for her to get used to it and still have more classes after that point. With the park district programs we did, she would finally get comfortable and the class would be over! If she likes it, we'll do it again in the winter/spring and she'll be in a recital in June!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment