Saturday, April 6, 2013

The Week Ashley Went to Maryland!

With back to back weeks of travel for Pete to Maryland, he decided to brave a trip with Ashley on a plane by himself and took her to stay with his parents for the week!  This was the longest time she's been away from home since Pete and I went to Amsterdam in November 2010, when she stayed with my parents.  They left first thing Monday morning and come home Saturday night.  I resisted the urge to call and check on her since I know she wouldn't talk on the phone and didn't want to chance her getting homesick, but was grateful for the daily emails and pictures that Gail sent every afternoon.  Plus, I kept myself pretty busy with doing things that you can't do with a toddler (like long shopping trips!!)  I know she's been in excellent hands all week and getting much needed attention, but I'm looking forward to her coming home tonight!

Caitlin and I had a busy week complete with her top two teeth popping through between Wednesday and Saturday!  We got some one on one time, she enjoyed shopping at Target in the front seat of the cart for the first time and was getting lots of attention when in and out of the stores.  We also spent a day downtown visiting Tricia and baby Jack, who is 3 weeks old.  Caitlin was quite curious about him and really wanted to touch his face  She is standing up anywhere she can pull herself up and cruising along the couch and of course, speed crawling.  She has developed an interest in Pippen and I think she may think she's a dog as she often crawls around with a toy hanging from her mouth.

We are looking forward to more spring weather so we can get outside more. If only there wasn't rain along with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment