Friday, August 7, 2009

She's Here!




I kept thinking I wouldn't know when I was in labor since I had contractions since the beginning on the third trimester. So, I was happy when my water broke at 7:15 this morning. I yelled to Pete to get up. I got in the shower since I figured it was going to be awhile until I could shower again and then called the dr and they said to head to the hospital.

Pete packed up the car with suitcases and prepared a bag and towel for me to sit on. I had some nervous energy and was straightening up the house a bit. While we headed to the hospital, I called my mom to give her the news and during the ride the painful contractions started at 3-4 minutes apart.

We got to hospital and they tested to make sure my water really broke and it did. Contractions were kinda painful but Dr. Chang said they were not as painful as she wanted them to be!! They set me up in a room and dr ordered pitocin to increase the contractions. I asked for the epidural right away and luckily they got it started pretty fast. This was the best choice ever! I was 3-4 cm at 9:40am and then by 3:30 I was at 10cm and barely felt a thing!

They had me start pushing around 4pm and around 6, the Dr. decided to use the vacuum. Thank God!! She came out after a couple pushes!

Still can't believe she's here!



Comments:
Anne & Don Anderson: She's beautiful!!
Love from Ashely's Great Uncle Don and Great Aunt Anne : )

Jamie Mills: Yay....congrats you guys...so happy for you both. Enjoy every moment with Ashley. Can't wait to meet her. Let us know if you need anything at all...

No comments:

Post a Comment