Wednesday, August 12, 2009

We're Home



We've been homes three full days now. Ashley had her first doctor visit on Tuesday and many, many diaper changes! Pete is a pro!

The Doctor said she looked great and already gained 3oz since Saturday night! He said she looked like a c-section baby since her head was shaped well and her skin looked so healthy.

Sunday and Monday nights were pretty easy - waking up 2-3 times (Ashley only woke up on her own once - I had to wake her to feed since she had such a weight drop at the hospital). Tuesday night, She went down around midnight and I woke up at 4pm (expecting she would wake me sooner) and she was slightly awake. I fed her changed her (she had good timing!) and put back to bed. I woke up at 8 and could hear her making some noises but not crying. I was shocked that she only woke up once over night and I was able to sleep 6 hours. I hope that lasts!!

She also sleeps a lot during the day. She is on a schedule to feed every 2-3 hours during the day and that's mainly the only times she's awake and active.

Pete's been doing "tummy time" with her daily. We're impressed at how well she can hold up her head already!

She's too good to be true!

Comments:
Auntie Tricia: Wow, you guys certainly went through a journey to be parents, and now look--a baby you can hardly believe, she is such an angel! I am so happy and grateful you were blessed by such a wonderful little girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment