Poor Ashley got diarrhea from her antibiotics which caused a horrible diaper rash. The doctor changed the antibiotic and the pharmacist recommended something to help her become more regular, Florastor Kids.
She is now on Zithromax and it's cherry flavored. I remember cherry flavored medication, and it wasn't a pleasant memory (I'm sure my mom has that same feeling as I recall it being less than easy to get me to take it). Ashley was really good with taking her amoxicillin, she would hold the syringe in her mouth while I pushed a little in at a time making sure she would actually swallow it. Today was not as easy with the new cherry flavor. At least the antibiotic is only once a day for 5 days, so 4 more doses to go.
After her bath, I let her run around nude while her bum dried since it was so red. This was the first time I had the guts to let her go diaper-less for for than a minute or two. I had her on the first floor since it would be easy to clean the wood floor if she were to go. No more than 5 minutes later that she squatted and took a dump on the floor! I was not expecting that, I couldn't help but laugh! I screamed for help and Pete thought I was joking but he ran to take over cleaning the floor while I diapered her. It'll be a long time until I let her roam diaper-less again! On a positive note, it seemed like this was progress at potty training.
Parenthood is definitely interesting!
No comments:
Post a Comment