Well, I guess we are lucky that we made it 18.5 months before Ashley got sick enough to need antibiotics. Her fever from the weekend seemed to finally be gone Monday after she took a 3 hour nap, however, Tuesday she woke up with a cough and a low-grade fever. Today, she woke up and was coughing for about 30 minutes, so I decided to take her in.

She was so out of it that she didn't move for the exam. I knew something was wrong when they took her temperature and she didn't care (usually she'll cry) and then Dr. Kalenowski checked her ears and she didn't even move! Last week she screamed and squirmed when he looked at her 18 month exam. Her ears were clear (she was pulling on them last night) but he could hear congestion in her lungs. I said I could feel it when I was holding her.
He sent us on our way with an antibiotic of Amoxicillin. Luckily, it's berry flavored like her ibuprofen. So even though she'll fight me on it, she'll usually take it once she realizes it's not horrible tasting. He was nice enough to give us more than we need since she's so good as spitting it out.
I think she's enjoying the sick treatment as I'm letting her eat while watching TV and she's having noodles (from soup) and a juice box (she seems to love straight juice)!
No comments:
Post a Comment