Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Summer is here!

It wouldn't be summer if it wasn't busy!

Yesterday, Ashley had her first soccer class.  Weather has been pretty cool lately but, of course, yesterday it was in the mid-80s and no wind.  I was hot just sitting on the side watching!  She was tired and had trouble staying on task for the whole 45 minutes.  However, she told me she had fun which is good since class runs through July!

After class, I took Ashley and Caitlin to a water park with some friends.  It's for little kids and Ashley LOVED the water slides.  I think she went down the two water slides at least 50 times.  She even got water in her face and had water dumped on her head (with only mild crying), this is a huge deal for her since she will freak out even when rinsing her hair in the bath or shower.  Caitlin loved splashing in the zero depth and jumping in the deeper areas.  I even took her down a couple of the little water slides in my lap.  We were there for a good 4 hours - when we had to escape because of a storm!

Caitlin had two bottom teeth pop in over the last week.  She now as 4 on top and 4 on the bottom.  She needed those with her love of food!  She'll gobble up sweet peas, carrots, blueberries, strawberries, bananas, and cheerios.  I just found yogurt made with coconut milk so we'll be trying that today since it's dairy free (yes, I know teeth are not needed for yogurt, but I was excited to find something dairy-free!)

Caitlin has also mastered waving bye (and sometimes hi) and can clap!  She will also dance on command which is cute since Ashley makes us all dance to certain songs in movies or shows.

A week from today we leave for our first big family vacation.  First part of the trip will be in New York for Laura's wedding and then we will head to Ocean City to spend a few days on the beach.  This is our first family trip where we will be staying in hotels, so it should be interesting since we've never slept in the same room!

A week after we get back will be Caitlin's first birthday and a month later Ashley turns 4!!  Time really does fly!

No comments:

Post a Comment