Wednesday, May 29, 2013

The Pool is Open

...And we finally have weather to use it!  I was nervous taking two kids swimming but the neighborhood pool makes it easy with a kids pool that is fenced in and a zero to 1.5ft depth pool.  I invited my mom's group so I has a few friends to help keep an eye on one or the other and Ashley had fun playing with friends (and jumping in the super shallow pool, she even made me hold her hand!)

Caitlin LOVED the water.  She sat in the shallow end for a good hour without moving (played with some toys and splashed).  Then I took her to the "deep" end where she could stand up and had water to her chest.  She jumped and jumped and laughed and laughed.  She had so much fun.  After a couple hours she finally was getting hungry and tired (we all were as it was 6:30!)  I had to negotiate to get Ashley to come home and made it home at almost 7:30 - we were there over three hours!

I got a few pictures but of course it's hard to get much when you are making sure no one goes under water!!  Hopefully I can get a movie of Caitlin next time, I think she may like water more than Ashley (she didn't even cry when she was splashed in the face!)

Fingers crossed for more warm, rain free days!!

No comments:

Post a Comment