Ashley had her first day of school today! She wore her red polo and plaid skirt with her white knee high socks and new black shoes! We matched her hair with a red pony tail holder and red barrette.
She came down to the kitchen and told me her belly hurt. I asked if she was nervous and she said no, I'm just hungry!
Caitlin and I dropped her off this morning about 8:15 and she put her backpack in her cubby and got a special baggie of gold fish from her teachers since she's "o-fish-ally a pre-kindergartner".
About 10:45, Pete and I got an email with a picture of Ashley in the classroom.
I was all ready to pick her up at 12:30, but Caitlin was still sleeping! So we got there about 12:45 after I woke up Caitlin. It will be nice when Pete's home so if she's sleeping, I can just go get Ashley. All the kids were laying in their cots resting with the lights out and Ashley and another girl were on the couch with books. She saw me and ran over to give me a hug! The teachers helped gather her stuff, her backpack and her artwork (coloring page and fingerprints on a card) and we headed out. There were a couple other people leaving as we arrived so it seems there are a few other half day kids in her class.
She told me she had chicken, hot beans and pineapple for lunch and was super excited about it. She learned a song about not putting your hands on the table until everyone had food. She didn't get computer time but told me all about the books she read and how she got in trouble for putting sand on the floor. They played outside but since it was so hot, she explained how they took a deep breath. I don't really understand, but that's the story from Ashley! Ashley also told me she wished she had a cot, because she was so tired and yawning and wanted to lay down. I told her she could come home and lay down, but she is bouncing off the walls, I didn't help that since I got her a 1st day of school gift :)
She's excited to go again tomorrow and already requested a red dress to wear like another girl in class. Of course, I bought a blue dress!
No comments:
Post a Comment