Ashley survived her first week at school. She was there about 4 hours each day on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. I'm very glad that we grouped the days together since it seems to work well for her to be in a row. Caitlin took long naps all three days so it was pretty quiet around here - and I got some stuff done from my to-do list!
Yesterday she was very cool about me picking her up as she sat reading on the couch and finished the book before coming to see me. Across from her on another couch, was a little girl that told me she lived close by and she was going to come over on Sunday! It was funny how specific she was :) Ashley told me she did not get computer time and filled me in on her lunch, turkey in gravy with mashed potatoes, hot beans and milk. Mrs. Vickery said she gobbled the food right up and the other kids were not so sure about eating it. She made a coloring sheet with the letter A and a paper with thumb prints. She thought it was cool to put her finger in an ink pad.
Today, she was a little unsure when I dropped her off. She had some tears in her eyes and asked me to stay. When I picked her up, she was on the computer, so I knew she'd be happy. Mrs. Vickery said she had a few moments where she "missed mommy" and then really bonded with another student, Emerson, who was new to the school this week too and missed her mommy too. I guess misery loves company! The owner of the school was in the lobby when I was leaving and she told me all about how much fun the two had that day and I should ask Ashley about Emerson. Today was the first day Ashley was chatting with the directors when she left and was talking up a storm normally she just wants to rush out. She made painted handprints and coloring sheets with the letter A. She was telling me they played with something sticky, which I'm guessing was glue since there was some on her hands when I wiped them off in the car. The project was drying so she will bring it home on Tuesday!
As quiet as the house has been, it's so much fun to hear her stories when I pick her up and I can't get over how cute she looks in her uniform!
No comments:
Post a Comment