Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Caitlin's Age 2 and Ashley's Age 5 Doctor Appointment

After hunting for a doctor, we went to see Dr. Weeks today for the girls appointments.  She's a couple minutes from the house and was recommended by a couple friends in the area.

The girls were in love with the waiting room.  There was a BIG stuffed giraffe to play with as well as toys and books.  Ashley was reading Family Circle since there was cookie recipes on the cover.

Caitlin was nervous and didn't want to be put on the scale nor sit on the table but then she warmed up after a bit.  She is 27 pounds and 6.4 ounces, 54th percentile, 2 feet and 10 inches, 51st percentile.  Her head came in at 46cm/12th percentile but she was not cooperating so I'm sure that's much smaller than it really is.  She was missing one shot, so she got a shot in each leg.  She was mad about it but as soon as I picked her up, she stopped crying.  Though, she gave the nurses an evil look when we left :)

Ashley was excited to go - though she was not thrilled about shots though and we were told it would probably just be a meet the dr appointment so I wasn't sure what to expect.  She has been worried for months about getting shots, so I was very worried how she'd do, especially since she is so sensitive.  Ashley is 42 pounds, 12.8 ounces, 69th percentile, and 3 feet 8.25 inches tall, 82nd percentile.  They wanted a urine sample and she was freaking out when they mentioned peeing in a cup.  She kept saying I can't, I can't but it was that she couldn't do a cup.  So they had her go in a "hat" basically a basin in the toilet.  She thought it was quite funny.  Then came the shots.  She sat on the table and held my hand and the assistant's hand and the nurse did the leg first.  She didn't cry!  She just said ouch, that hurts.  Then they did her arm and same thing, holding hands and saying that hurt.  I was shocked she did so well!

Thursday night is the school open house where we find out and meet her Kindergarten teacher.  When we dropped off the final paperwork (as we currently are not in boundaries) she met a girl that just moved here from Arizona and is starting kindergarten.  Next week school starts.  She will just go one day with 3 other kids and get to know the teacher and a few kids.  Then after Labor day, she will start 5 days a week!

No comments:

Post a Comment