Ashley had her first day of school at Lakeshore Elementary School on Thursday, August 28th. For Kindergarten, they have a staggered entry so each day was just up to 4 kids. I signed up for Thursday since Pete would be home from his business trip so we didn't have to wake Caitlin to get Ashley to school.
Everyone was asleep early (especially Pete who took a red eye flight the night before) and I was busy making Ashley's lunch with everything she requested. She had a chicken and cheese sandwich on a bagel thin. Cucumbers and Carrots with ranch dip an apple, cheese stick and yogurt (in a tube) complete with a note from me :)
Thursday morning, I was up early, even before my 5:55 alarm! I got up and got breakfast ready and debated on when to wake Ashley. She got up to go to the bathroom at 6:15am, just when I was going to wake her. She headed back to her room and I went in and told her it was time to get up and get ready for school. She said ok. I went back 5 minutes later and she was still in bed. She acted very confused and said, it's dark outside, shouldn't I be sleeping?!?!
She got up and had her breakfast of a waffle and yogurt and then got dressed. She wore a purple tank top because purple is her favorite color, or so she tells me! She had gym class on Thursday so she wore a jean skort and her tinkerbell gymshoes.
We took a few pictures - but she have a very sleepy face and was eager to go. We too off a couple minutes before 7am and arrived at school at 7:15. Parking was easy and I gathered up the bags of the class room supplies and made her lead me to her room so she is able to do it on her own from the drop off line. She was so excited that she wouldn't let me take pictures outside of the school!
We got to her classroom and she was greeted by her teacher, Mrs. Lawing. Her classroom has a Teacher's assistant, Ms. Whitney. It was just Ashley and one other girl, SaNyaa, who was already at the table coloring. I chatted with the teacher and took a couple pictures and was on my way. I was home right about 8am and Caitlin was just waking up.
I got Caitlin to nap and she stayed home with Pete since he had a meeting. I got to school right at 2:15, when school gets out, and got to experience the joy of the after school pick up line. From the time I arrived at the school until the time I pulled away from the school, was 19 minutes. Total round trip, 29 minutes. I cannot wait until we are in the house when that is shortened!
When I arrived, I held up her name in the car windshield and they called out her name and what color sign to go to. She hopped in and we pulled away while she buckled in. I asked about her day and she said, "Do you know we can't go to school on the weekend because no one is there!" So, clearly she had fun! She had a fun day, had gym class and did a push up, ate in the cafeteria, played outside and said she fell asleep at the rest time at the end of the day! She said that her favorite part of the day was reading time. She brought home her daily folder which has a sheet with her behavior calendar that a parent has to sign off on every day. Of course, she had a great day.
We had a busy weekend which started Friday. Ashley was at the pool twice and on the boat three times! We had a lazy Monday to rest up after the long weekend.
Tomorrow really starts school since the whole class will be there. She knows one girl in the class, Emery, from the apartment complex as they are moving just north of Bells Crossing this fall. She already picked out the dress she wants to wear since she has music class tomorrow and not gym class!
No comments:
Post a Comment